EP9: I called my competition
What happens when someone launches the same product as you, at the same time?
I called a competitor on the phone.
There's always this worry that someone with the same idea is going to launch at the same time, and they're going to steal all of our thunder.
Join Justin Jackson as he talks with Kiki Schirr about not getting discouraged when competitors pop up.
It's kind of like showing up to a party and you're wearing the same dress as someone else.
This week's Build & Launch project
This is also the mid-week check-up for the second product we're building live on the show: a fully functional web application. In this episode you'll hear from my partner in crime, Marty Dill: will we be able to launch this side-project (working only in our spare time) on Thursday?
You can see the website here: networkeffects.me
- Sign-up for the beta of this week's project: networkeffects.me
- Want to get started? Check out Gumroad's 30 Day Challenge
- Kiki's book: The Product Hunt Manual
- Justin's book: The Product Hunt Handbook
- Join the Build & Launch newsletter to get all the stats
- Want to share your project? Find me on Twitter: @mijustin
- Almost 20,000 listens in February so far! Help out by leaving a review in iTunes.